How to use your existing domain
name with our service.
You may have already got a domain name such as
We will, free of charge, host your name for you directly.
Please note that any content you may have previously created under the name you are
forwarding will no longer be visible on the Web, instead your new web site
will be seen when someone enters
into their browser. (Or whatever your domain name is.)
At any time you wish, you can move your domain name elsewhere, although
obviously we hope you won't.
How to Move your site to our server.
There are two simple steps involved in forwarding your existing domain
name to your new web site:
First DNS name: NS1.LIVEDNS.CO.UK, second DNS name: NS2.LIVEDNS.CO.UK
- Let us know so we can create the space for you. Just a
saying, I want you to create my web site for me at the following domain name:
(Or whatever the name is). If you prefer you can put this
in the Comments section of your order.
- Log into the Site Control section of your site registrar, (perhaps
Hostway, Network Solutions
or Register.com), log onto your account using the User Name and Password
they gave you, and change the DNS setting as follows:
EXAMPLE if you are using Hostway.
Please note that every domain registrar will be slightly
click here and
log into the Site Control program,
use your User Name and Password.
- Click on the words, Domain Name the left of the screen after you log
- Go down the list in the center of the screen and click on My
- You will see a form that looks like this:
- Change the Primary DNS Hostname to: NS1.LIVEDNS.CO.UK
- Change the Secondary DNS Hostname to: NS2.LIVEDNS.CO.UK
- Click Update. (On the HOSTWAY web site, NOT THIS ONE).
It will take about 24-48 hours for the name changes to take effect.
If you don't understand how to do this.
If you have a problem with doing this, send us an email (see below) with the name of
your domain, your domain registrar, your user name and password and we will
do it for you free of charge. We recommend that you change the password after
we have done this for you.